As the telecom sector has become the epicentre for growth, innovation, and disruption for virtually any industry in any country, CERBA invites you to explore how the industry is growing in Canada as well as in Eurasian countries.
As such, we will be looking into the competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, and provide a review of key regulatory trends and the near-term opportunities.
The discussions will be focused on the following:
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, procurement processes, and more.
- The telecom market outlook and competitive landscape: analysis, historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets, leading players.
- Potential market developments currently altering, either positively or negatively, the industry.
- Opportunities for collaboration: joint projects and investment.
Dino Shiatis, Principal Banker, Telecoms, Informatics and Media, EBRD
Muzaffar Zukhurov, Associate Director, Senior Banker, EBRD
- The new solutions that North American carriers and internet service providers are using to significantly increase internet speeds to their customers on long telephone lines in rural areas and in older residential and office buildings without in-building fiber wiring.
Reginald Weiser, Chairman and CEO, Positron Access Solution
- How a Canadian satellite technology company grows beyond demand and exports to customers in more than 100 countries.
Leslie Klein, Ph.D., P.Eng., Founder, President and CEO of C-COM Satellite Systems
- The success story of the video compression guru “Elecard”.
Anastasiya Khlusova, Inside Sales Associate at Elecard
Gilles Breton, Chairman of the CERBA National Board and Nathan Hunt, Founder of CERBA and Chairman of Moscow Chapter
Virtual networking in small groups with telecom operators and innovative start-ups in sectors such as video streaming, internet of things, mobile payments, supply chains and block chains will follow at the end.
For more information, special requests and partnership please, contact
Marina Belskikh, Regional Director of CERBA in Montreal and Ottawa,
via email [email protected] or tel. +1 (514) 5161178.